I'm home!

I've been back from Austin for over three days now, but for the sake of posterity I'll include some information on the trip.
1) I cannot save animals with death wishes. If they dash out in front of my car, they will get smooshed.
2) Austin has good food. Yum!
3) Quiz bowlers are a mixed bag. Some are cool (ASU alums), some never seem very friendly to me (select northeasterners), some are asses (Opus Dei and the Knights), and some never shower (mixed bag). I'm sure we have our annoying characteristics as well (such as being judgemental? perhaps...), but all in all I'm very happy to be on our team.
4) I hate video games. There were too many questions on them for my taste.
5) I'm no Shelby Foote Soldier. I mean that in two ways. I'm not on the team, and I'm not nearly good enough to be on the team. I always plan to study and get better, but life seems to get in the way. Will that change this year? Perhaps.
6) I like Iowa. There's space here, people drive slightly more predictably, and I have a good life here.
Yesterday, I went to Madison with my ICON colleagues. We met the UW folks, who were very pleasant, but all in all another car trip was not what I needed. I was also rather disappointed with my hairy chicken pesto pasta. If you're ever near Camp Randall Stadium and see a sports bar with a sand volleyball court, go in for the $2 PBRs, but avoid the food at all cost.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home