Daily notes...

Random stuff from a scattered mind

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Our new house

We have the house. Physical possession will officially take place on June 2, but I'm already mentally moving in. It turns out it's a good thing we're not physically moving in yet, because the house has three times the legal level of radon. That will hopefully be taken care of before or soon after we move in. The front gutters are also completely filled with leaves, so my dad wants to come down this weekend to empty those out and install gutter guards. My dad really hearts gutter guards.

I'm trying to update rangie.net, but it's slow going. We do now have hotel information posted in the Iowa City Information section, so if you plan on coming & need a place to stay, get on that. The hotel issue has again brought up the ugliness of the guest list issue. I would love to be able to invite everyone I know (and Ransom feels the same way), but there's only so much room. I think we're going to have separate celebrations with our various groups of friends to make sure we get to see everyone. Partying with all the quiz bowlers-- always a fun time!!

Because it seemed like a fun activity, I tried Jake's "iPod as Magic Eight Ball game. Here is my future, as dictated by my digital music box:

How does the world see me? "Insight" by Depeche Mode
Will I have a happy life? "Hero Takes a Fall" by the Bangles
What do my friends think of me? "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger (Neptunes remix)" by Daft Punk
Do people secretly lust after me? "What's My Name" by DMX
How can I make myself happy? "High Speed" by Colplay
What should I do with my life? "Queer" by Garbage
Will I ever have children? "Change" by Tears for Fears
What is some good advice for me? "The Only Living Boy in New York" by Simon & Garfunkel
How will I be remembered? "Change Your Mind" by the Killers
What is my signature dancing song? "Guns in the Sky" by INXS
What is my current theme song? "Chicago" by Sufjan Stevens
What song will play at my funeral? "Never Tear Us Apart (acoustic)" by INXS
What type of men/women do you like? "Hollaback Memories of Us" mashup by Chris Ellis
What is your day going to be like? "Hypnotize" by Notorious B.I.G.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, geez. Also, how does one actually go about getting rid of radon, doesn't it come from the ground? Maybe you could build lead floors.

4:11 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

I figure the empty kegs will protect us all.

http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/HEC/CSEM/radon/radon_abatement.html

4:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All your wedding stress will be resolved if you only take your iPod's advice as regards "what you should do with your life".

Also, you have a serious downer of a theme song.

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home