Daily notes...

Random stuff from a scattered mind

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Back to square 1

Remember a few posts back when I said someone had accepted our offer on a house? Well, that offer was contingent to selling the condo, which means that someone could still come and and offer to buy the house outright with no contingencies. Sure enough, they received another offer yesterday. Last night was spent talking with Ransom, my dad, and his dad about the relative benefits of either dropping our contingency and taking on two mortgages for a period of time or letting the house go. There was also a distant chance that the guy who has been looking at the condo (who was supposed to make a decision last weekend) might make up his mind quickly today. We have about 2 hours left, and I think we're probably going to lose the house. I just don't want us to be saddled with so much debt-- money makes me crazy like nothing else can.

It looks like we're back to looking at houses. Open houses, here we come. If we wind up finding a less expensive house, all the better. I'm trying to maintain a Zen-like state about the whole thing today, mainly since I cried too much yesterday from the frustration of it all. The single guy is supposed to be bringing a friend over tonight at 5:30 (yes, 1.5 hours after we needed an answer from him), so hopefully he'll still like the place. He'd better damn well really like it, because that kid is paying full price.

Oh, take a look at the new neutral color (Sensational Sand!) here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home