Daily notes...

Random stuff from a scattered mind

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

I am an Iowan

Recently Ransom has taken to observing I am not a real Iowan. To back up this claim, he cites the facts that I'm nervous walking on ice, I don't like driving in snow, & I'm always cold. I had been dismissing the comment, but I started thinking about that this morning while watching one of my neighbors see-saw his way through the 3-4" of snow on our driveway. The guy had Iowa license plates but no shovel in his car. When he opened his trunk to look for his gloves, I saw that he also had no sand, salt, or blankets. That guy is the true non-Iowan-- who could be that ill-equipped for an Iowa winter? Real Iowans know that winter is a shitstorm of ice, snow, slush, and terrible drivers. To underestimate the potential impact of any of those is foolish.

OK, I feel better now. Back to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home