Daily notes...

Random stuff from a scattered mind

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Fate or something

Just yesterday I was complaining about the amount of money I've shelled out in the past month or so on auto maintenance.

  • New tires were about $350
  • Replacing the windshield was $50 (thank you, insurance)
  • The 100,000 checkup stuff was about $600.

  • Cut to yesterday, when I took Electra in for an oil change. I got a call a few hours later saying my brake pads were really tore up (my term, not theirs) and the rotors were "dished". The tone told me that was a bad thing. All told, that cost $638 (with oil change). Over $1600 paid out for a car that, to me, was working just fine. I was irritated.

    Now, cut to this morning. I was lying in bed, trying to wake up, when my downstairs neighbor with no 'inside voice' proclaimed, "Bitch! It just stopped snowing!" That made me get up and look outside to the winter wonderland that had appeared overnight. 3 inches of heavy, wet snow was on my driveway. Last year, Electra skidded all over the place. Now, she's hugging curves like R. Kelly at a Girl Scout meeting. It's wonderful, I tell you (the car, that is).

    Moral of the story: I need to quit complaining. Or I need to stop being so cheap. I'm still deciding which one is most applicable.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home