Daily notes...

Random stuff from a scattered mind

Friday, March 10, 2006

The New House


I don't think I can jinx us now, so this is our new house. It's a three bedroom house on East Washington Street (not Washington St.-- it's a totally different street. We'll need to send maps for the housewarming.) I'm scheduling inspections with the realtor now, so relatively soon we will know if it has "good bones", radon issues, or any pest problems. All the pictures on the realtor's site make it look really drab, but I think it has a lot of potential. I'm especially happy about the basement, where there's tons of storage space & built-in shelves. Ransom & I will be able to bury ourselves down there with our respective hobbies. I am already having dreams of expanding the kitchen and bathrooms, but we'll hold off on that for a little while...

We close June 2 (yes, 8 days before the wedding). Incidentally, the wedding is three months from today! There are still some details to wrap up, but hopefully those will be minor. The biggest thing is that I can't eat for the next month & a half. If you see me pigging out on anything not green & leafy, please stop me. I may get violent, but due to the starvation I'll be too weak to cause any lasting damage.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You don't want to live on actual Washington St -- that's where I live, and it is basically sorority town. There's a car that parks in front of my apartment with a license plate that says 'GRKPRNS'. I guess she must really like Greek prawns or something?

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home