Biaggi's is magic
Two years ago at Biaggi's in the Quad Cities, at a family meal with all of my mom's side of the family in attendance, I got the phone call that my bid on my first condo had been accepted. There had been a minor bidding war on it, so getting it was very sweet success. Every time I drive by that restaurant, I think about that night and the celebration of my first real estate purchase.
Now, I have a new Biaggi's to love: the one in Cedar Rapids. My mom met Ransom & me there yesterday to find fabric for a wedding present she & Ransom's mom are making us. As we were eating, my realtor was being faxed our first offer on the condo. We got the call just after we left the restaurant. A young couple who are getting married are looking for a condo and are willing to offer us exactly what we had listed the condo at, minus some money for closing costs. It turns out they can even take possession on the day we close on our new house, so I won't have to carry two mortgages in June. All in all, the situation has worked out perfectly (pending their final financing approval). Come June 2, we will have a new house! My griping about housing will now end, much to the appreciation of my ever-patient officemates. Now I suppose I'll focus my attention on the wedding!
Now, I have a new Biaggi's to love: the one in Cedar Rapids. My mom met Ransom & me there yesterday to find fabric for a wedding present she & Ransom's mom are making us. As we were eating, my realtor was being faxed our first offer on the condo. We got the call just after we left the restaurant. A young couple who are getting married are looking for a condo and are willing to offer us exactly what we had listed the condo at, minus some money for closing costs. It turns out they can even take possession on the day we close on our new house, so I won't have to carry two mortgages in June. All in all, the situation has worked out perfectly (pending their final financing approval). Come June 2, we will have a new house! My griping about housing will now end, much to the appreciation of my ever-patient officemates. Now I suppose I'll focus my attention on the wedding!

2 Comments:
Congrats
Hooray!
Post a Comment
<< Home