Dog owners-- please comment
OK, so Friday night Ransom & I went to Petland to see if there were any new cavachons there for us to play with. They didn't have any, so we looked at some of the other puppies. One of them apparently hadn't been out of the cage in a while, because it relieved itself in there. The other customers nearby and I laughed awkwardly at the sight, but that changed when that dog and another in the same cage turned to start eating the big pile of poo. My question: I've never had a dog before, but I gleaned from the other customers that this is far from normal behavior. Is that true? I sure hope so... Is it perhaps an after effect of being in a puppy mill, where they don't get much food and exercise? Please explain this to me.
After that event, the shittiest night this year continued with a viewing of "Art School Confidential" at the Campus 3 Cinema. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS FILM. It was terrible. Worse than Napolean Dynamite in my book, which makes it absolutely wretched.
After that event, the shittiest night this year continued with a viewing of "Art School Confidential" at the Campus 3 Cinema. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS FILM. It was terrible. Worse than Napolean Dynamite in my book, which makes it absolutely wretched.

4 Comments:
yeah, it's gross. . . . sometimes dogs eat poo. usually only puppies do it, and I've heard from some people that it means they're not getting a proper diet. but some dogs also do it for apparently no reason. Kirby used to do this a long time ago, but you just train them not to: make sure to pick it up as soon as they're done, or reprimand them if they do it.
also, thanks for the heads up on that movie. I was curious. now I'm not. I'll spend my eight dollars elsewhere. ;)
Under no circumstances should you buy a dog at Petland!!! Almost all the safari uniformed employees are quite creepy & they charge you more than double the cost a breeder would for a much better dog. They deny it up & down but I also believe their dogs come from puppy mills at much too young of an age.
We got our little pug puppy from a breeder in southern iowa & couldn't be happier. He has excellent features & personality... He has also never attempted to "eat his poo."
Under no circumstances should you buy a dog at Petland!!! Almost all the safari uniformed employees are quite creepy & they charge you more than double the cost a breeder would for a much better dog. They deny it up & down but I also believe their dogs come from puppy mills at much too young of an age.
We got our little pug puppy from a breeder in southern iowa & couldn't be happier. He has excellent features & personality... He has also never attempted to "eat his poo."
Hey Angie. Danny here. I have to echo the comment about Petland. They make me so angry with their huffy puppy mill denials. Buying from a broker (i.e., not _directly_ from a puppy mill) doesn't make your company less morally bankrupt. I had a more extensive post (diatribe?) on my site some time ago.
http://rdnovo.textdriven.com/?p=42
Anyway. Yes, dogs eat poop. Usually it is a sign that something is wrong (either physically or emotionally/socializing).
Mason has eaten poop once. We don't know why, but boy did we brush his teeth. Maybe that convinced him not to do it again?
Are you considering getting a dog?
Post a Comment
<< Home