Daily notes...

Random stuff from a scattered mind

Friday, August 05, 2005

Justice

Jury selection for Pierre Pierce's trial will be starting in 10 days, so he's desperately trying to find some way to wiggle out of this one, too. Of course I don't know what the evidence his lawyer (slime) says was kept from them is, but from the press coverage it sounds pretty innocuous. I'm a bit disturbed by how badly I want this guy to go to prison-- references to the TV show "Oz" keep running through my mind. I used to love Hawkeye basketball-- it was something I shared with my grandmother with almost religious fervor. Because of Pierce & Alford, I've lost that... I haven't watched a game since his first rape happened. I guess I'm bitter about that. The fact that he's a rapist in my city also makes me angry, and that's compounded by the fact that my alma mater and employer gave him a free ride here. Ugh... Anyway, it will be a sweet day when we get to see him sent to prison. I'll be counting the days!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kyle said...

Maybe there's a way you could get on the jury??? There is that whole judicial prejudice angle but hey I won't tell if you won't. And I'd ghost write your "tell all".. ;)

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home