Look at that face! I tell you, I keep forgetting that Harry is a dog and, as such, stupid. When I talk to him, he honestly looks at me like he understands what I'm saying, including tipping his head and wagging his tail at appropriate times.
Fortunately, he has started to remind me that he is, in fact, a dog. He has begun mistaking household objects for dog treats. First was my glove, then a fuzzy paint roller cover, and tonight a box that formerly held cans of caffeine-free Coke. Once he identifies his prey, he carries it to his pillow in the living room. Fortunately he hasn't started chewing on anything other than bones yet, but we have been catching him early and removing his treasure from the pillow. He then looks at me with those eyes and I'm back to thinking he understands English...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home