Chicago was such a well-needed break! Even though I was sick at the beginning of the trip and really tired by the end, I had a great time! I'll drop some pictures here later of the stuff we did, including going to the St. Patrick's Day Parade, the Museum of Science & Industry, Shedd Aquarium, the Museum of Contemporary Art, the John Hancock Observatory, etc. A definite highlight was the abundance of Friendship with the Grinnell crowd. Although I don't have much to contribute to discussions about central Iowa circa 1998, it's great to see Ransom so happy and to see people who have stayed good friends through so many years. I found myself thinking about Margaret a lot last week, which made it harder to be sociable. It's hard to believe it's been over 5 years since she died. It is amazing what turns life takes.
Daily notes...
Random stuff from a scattered mind

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home